February 21, 2006

visiting Ulverston and a great LYS

went to Ulverston today to visit a friend at the buddhist monastery. We went in to the town itself to Spinning a Yarn. A wonderful yarn shop with a great choice of colours/yarns/ patterns and more. What I like is the samples of the yarns knit up so you can see what they look and feel like. I didn't succumb to yarn although was tempted by some hand dyed from Cockermouth that they had in. I bought 2 pattern books, set of bamboo DPns in case I ever get to make socks. I know I know, highly unlikely but a cat can dream:) Had fabulous lunch in the Hot Mango steak burger, home made, with salsa, sour cream, cheese, salad and home made chips. Yummy and filling so no tea for the mogs tonight. On way there and back managed to do 2 sides for noro iro bag, need to make bottom piece tonight. Least I can do that:)

3 comments:

Digitalgran said...

A buddhist monastery? That is interesting Amber.

Anonymous said...

What an interesting place that must have been. It sound foreign though. Kind of like Viking?

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Manjushri is the name of the group that run Conishead Priory now as a buddhist monastery. The head man Geshe is from Tibet he is quite frail now and spends most of the year in the US. His second in command mainly runs the organisation now. I'm not buddhist, but love going there to see our friends and walk the woods. http://www.conisheadpriory.org/
gives you an idea of the place.

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...