April 09, 2008

Hare Moon socks and a surprise:)



Hare Moon socks? Finished:)) Don't they look beautiful and spring like? Didn't Perran make a fabulous job of dyeing the yarn? Thank you Perran.
I also received a surprise in the mail via Vicky, Perran's mum. A dyeing kit for kool aid complete with everything you need. Except as Vicky reminded me I don't have a microwave(VBG) That will hopefully soon be remedied via freecycle if I can find a simple one just for dyeing.
BW, my dyes are Procion MX from kemtex. I don't normally make the liquid up until I am going to use it but I believe that as long as you don't put the soda ash in the dye keeps well as liquid especially if you can keep it in the fridge. I don't know which to use for wool etc as I haven't really gone further in to it. I must do as I do enjoy dyeing. I love the colour spectrum you have done. I would recommend Kemtex if you get into it properly.

5 comments:

Rosie said...

Fabulous hare moon socks and what a great gift from Vicky. I dye a lot of wool (and silk once in a blue moon)using acid dyes, which I get from ArtVanGo. Kool Aid gives some amazing colours and if you can't get hold of a microwave via freecycle, I imagine that you might be able to use a steamer instead (I steam my acid-dyed skeins for 30 minutes or so).

Anonymous said...

Thanks AM.
Thanks Rosie - hadn't thought of ArtVanGo.

Will be needing dye in more than the silly 25g pots I have so far acquired (not least because of the dreadful waste of packaging!), so will check Kemtex when I run out.

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Lovely socks, Nicely dyed by Perran and of course knitted beautifully by you,
It sounds like you are going to be very busy with all the dyeing as well as the knitting.

Joy said...

What lovely socks - and how nice to have something uniquely your own :-)

Roobeedoo said...

More lovely colours! And what a great surprise!
My prize arrived - thank you so much! I will blog about it at the weekend if Blogger lets me!

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...