April 26, 2008

rhubarb cheesecake

Delias recipe uses ginger cookies as the instant thing I guess
Easy way to make from scratch:-
ginger biscuits smashed up and add a little stem ginger chopped up, melt some butter mix into the ginger crumbs.
Put some of this into individual ramakins press down. This will be your base.
Take tub of curd cheese, add spoon of unrefined sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla essence.
Mix together
place some in each ramekin.
I've also mixed ricotta/full fat cream cheese
curd cheese/quark
cover with clingfilm, leave in fridge to chill
cook rhubarb with a little sugar and I have added little ginger preserve occasionally.
I like it caramelised in oven as the grill doesn't work.
When ready to serve Delia recommends 45min in freezer before turning out of dish. I have done this but also eaten from dish:) Spoon a little rhubarb over top
Picture tomorrow
BW have turned off the word comments verification. Didn't realise it did that because of course I don't (usually) comment on my own blog:)
Grandsons in bed, think a glass of wine is in order

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love rhubarb and cheesecake. That sounds so good My rhubarb is growing so fast that I should be able to cut some stalks soon. :)

inkberryblue said...

This sounds delicious!
Thank you for the recipe. (I love Delia)
...and thanks, also, for leaving a comment on inkberryblue.
Happy weekend.
=]

Anonymous said...

I've never had rhubarb cheesecake, but it sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

Thank you both for recipe and for decreasing my frustration!

FairiesNest said...

Oh my that does sound yummy!

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Rhubarb conjures up memories of my childhood. Coming home from my grandparents with sticks of rhubarb from the allotment under my arm wrapped in newspaper. A real treat in the post war rationing era. My mother was never adventurous though. No cheesecake, just rhubarb and custard which was always a bit tarty due to the sugar shortage.

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...