January 09, 2009

Hopes for the year and re-awakening the inner moon

In previous years I've done a list of what I'd like to achieve in the year. Not resolutions as such but hopes and dreams. Sometimes they happen sometimes not but as the the song says "you've got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream how you gonna make a dream come true?"


1. I'd love this year to be the year Mr Mog and I get to Longleat. We've wanted to go ever since I can remember . Trouble is that cost of fuel to Longleat, accommodation for at least 2 nights due to distance and amount to see, incredible cost to do everything there = much too much unless we win the Lottery or something.
2. I'd love to get to the Knitting and Stitching show at London, negatives see above.
3. I'd love to take Mr Mog on a weeks cruising the canals. We both miss our narrowboat we used to live on. Things stopping us, see above.
4. Exceed my total of 39 pairs of socks for the hospice even though I'm also making hats this year.
I may add to or take from this list.
I think the sheep have been down to the beach for a paddle don't you?

I had a dream last night and woke from it with the words "awakening your inner moon". I'm taking this to mean becoming more in tune with the moons cycle and being aware that at certain times of the moon my energies will be lower. This isn't a bad thing or a good thing just something I need to be aware of. I am aware of where the moon is in its cycle but maybe not of where me and my energy is.
This year we are hoping to get to Wonderwool as well as Woolfest. I'm sending out the thought that we want a small caravan to allow us to do this and be comfortable. Whether that be one of our own or a loan for each festival doesn't matter. If it is meant it will happen.
This morning was gorgeous for all of 2 hours, bright blue skies and sunshine. We managed to get on to the promenade for a while and really enjoyed it. Fortunately we went when we did as the weather then changed into grey cloud with freezing mist.
We managed to get several pictures which Mr Mog will no doubt be showing later. I chose these. I think I'm going to do an occasional series of pictures of rooftops. Here is the beginning of that quest.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Have you checked out the Travel Lodge website? If you are flexible about when you stay it is possible to get a room for 19 pounds and there is one quite near Longleat I think. They are not luxury but are somewhere to sleep - I stayed in one when I went to Ally Pally last year and also when I visit son in Cardiff.
Vicky x (VickyW on Rav.)

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...