January 08, 2009

KOSH 1st hat and socks

1st hospice socks for this year are on the needles and in the red ones case almost off.

I dyed the red yarn for the solid KAL and I'm sadly much behind. They are DK BFL and I love the colour. I decided to have these as January socks because the colour reminds me that this time of year we are longing for the warmth and the sun.
Then these socks I think the yarn is poshyarns. Very silky to the touch and a great double knit. Easy on the hands to knit which helps. The colour of these is perfect for the colour of the sky at dawn with the faint patches of pink as the sun rises.
Then we have the first hat for the year:). This is the aran I dyed and to me is a great colour for the light on snowy ground. Pattern is an adapted one to take advantage of using magic loop technique.
Don't you think Lydia wears it well?
Well there you go the start of my years hospice knitting. We are off.

4 comments:

Laal Bear said...

You have been busy . Love the red ones.

Anonymous said...

Do you sleep at all? ;)

Also, have you ever tried the Elizabeth Zimmerman method of knitting with 2 different colours - one in each hand and knitting in a strange way, I'm told.

Lisa said...

This is a wonderful project. I have some yarn I would be happy to send you. I'll email you.

Jam & Jerusalem said...

Great hat!
In case you did'nt see my reply about the sock yarn i used........The yarn is, get ready, it's a long one.....Opal Hundertwasser II, shade 2102 4 ply sock yarn.
Have a great weekend.
Jam

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...