July 08, 2009

bright colours distract from pain

The garden remodelling is going great. Mr Mog has excelled himself today.
Here you see a shot towards the shed and Mr Mogs new project an outdoor model railway
behind the trellis panel is another angular bed and next to that his shed and outdoor rail start. The intention is to run the trains around the garden when complete. Watch this space.
I went outside to check on progress and had to take a couple more pictures of the flowers.


The lavatera is flowering well now, I think all the rain and sun have helped.
As is the fabulous crocosmia, just look at the colours on this.
The yellow loosestrife is in full bloom and I loved the little pink weed popping its head up amongst the gold. We will be keeping it.
Another shot of the crocosmia just because.
I find that when pain is really unbearable bright vivid colour helps. Going out into the back garden even if for a short spell lifts the spirit and fills my heart with hope.

3 comments:

twilight fansite said...

very good post indeed. i have always fascination for dark colors. now i will think of the bright color as well.

Artis-Anne said...

The garden is coming along well as is your new cardi :)
I think this change of weather hasn't helped me as my joints are awful atm; plus of course I did too much the other day !!!

Your SP14-pal said...

Spying in here too - nice garden you have there :). Did you receive my e-mail? And when you have time, I'd be glad if you'd post the questionnaire here someday - would make my "work" slightly easier :).

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...