July 23, 2009

Did you miss me?

I'm back in the land of the blogging although it will be sporadic. I think I may need to have one of those banners, BWO (blogging without obligation)
I am not well my pain threshold has been reached and passed more times than I chose to think about. I did enjoy the trip to the Isle of Man with my daughter and grandsons, it has been so long since I last visited and it was good. I didn't sleep much while away and I'm catching up now.
We had 3 nights there and it was excellent. The hotel was top class and we had a room with balcony overlooking the harbour. This was our birthday treat from DD , a thoughtful gift and one we appreciated.
I haven't done much knitting, not been well enough to. Same reason I haven't blogged, it hurts too much most of the time.
Lammas is approaching and despite it being a festival of harvest I always think of it as a dark festival as well.
It is the end of the light half of the year and beginning of the dark half and as far as I am concerned that means death in one form to allow rebirth.
My moon card was death yesterday and at first I shivered at what it could mean.
When common sense returned I realised it is tied in with Lammas and also with the dark moon, beginning of new moon.
I used to fear the death card in tarot and in my moon cards, superstition and ignorance as I hadn't thought through the death/rebirth cycle.
We can't have rebirth or new growth without saying goodbye to something. It is a balancing act.
So what does this increased pain show? Does it say even more loss of mobility will bring in something and if so what? Will it be good or bad?
All very mysterious and I'm not ok with it by any means. I think it is the out of my control aspect that I mainly dislike. I want to feel in control of all my life and I know that isn't feasible but I can still want it:)
So Lammas approaching then. How will you celebrate it?
I don't know what we will do, I'm leaving it flexible and in the hands of the Goddess how she wants me to celebrate this year.

5 comments:

Rosie said...

Sorry to hear that you're in so much pain: be kind and gentle with yourself. I think I'll use Lammas as a prod to make me sort wehat from chaff (ie to do all the tidying and filing that I've been putting off, both in the house and on the computer)

Sea said...

I haven't been thinking that far ahead lately, so no idea what my Lammas plans are as yet.

Jen said...

Hang in there. Be good to yourself. You and your family are number one. I understand - the lack of control over health issues is the most difficult thing of all. Sending good thoughts.

Warm regards,
Jennifer

(not ready for Lammas, the crops are late here, does that count against postponing?)

Georgina said...

It will be nice to hear from you however sporadically - as one who 'disappeared' for an age i am the last to demand or expect regular updates!
I am reading a wonderful book on trees at the moment and will use it to guide me at Lammas - did you know there is a second flush of leaves sometimes, which is called Lammas growth! You might enjoy this link http://www.islandnet.com/~see/weather/almanac/arc2002/alm02aug.htm

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

I hope that the thing that you are saying goodbye to is pain.

I hope that the card heralds the rebirth of the new pain diminished you.

Wishing for your pain flare up to pass quickly and that you will be revitalised soon. xx

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...