February 01, 2011

The 5th Annual Cyberspace Poetry Slam for Brigid

This is the 5th year of what started out as a silent poetry reading for Imbolc and the Lady Brigid. I think I've taken part in every one.
Here are my selections for this year.
After you have read them do google for many many more.

First offering is from the brilliant Brian Patten and is called  Mary had a bit of lamb

Mary had a little lamb.
Its fleece was white as snow.
And everywhere that Mary went
the lamb was sure to go.

She went into the butchers
came out with some lamb chops
I would never follow Mary
into any kind of shops.


Second one is from the book Earthkind , words and pictures by Brian Boothby and Glennie Kindred

It is called Cat's way

Maybe there is something
in the cat's way after all:
No trying to please, no failure,
no strewn and smattered souls.
Just instinct,
at the right time of year.





2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Beautiful poems, both of them! The first one reminds me of this photo I saw once of a smiling Gordon Ramsay carrying a cute and happy lamb draped around his neck. I wanted to yell "Run, little lamb, run! He's the Devil!"

Artis-Anne said...

great poems ,love the lamb one ;)

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...