February 09, 2011

Colours and trips out

 There has been knitting and I haven't shown you, sorry. This is Wavebird in Colinette Jitterbug. The colour is Morello Mash
 My first shawl of this design with long arms and a shorter body.

 I loved knitting it despite a mix up on one of the pattern rows. The designer was very prompt in replying to me and sorting it out.
The next shawl is another Pamuya, I think my favourite pattern. It is made with Zauberball sock yarn in Indisch Rose, a gift from Mr Mog for Yule.
 I wasn't sure if the pattern and the yarn worked together but once it came off the needles and was blocked it looked much better.
 Very warm and very light to wear. This took around 125 gms of the Zauberball so very economical. Have a good ball and a half left and I'll be swapping with a friend of mine for another colour.

I liked the yarn so much that Mr Mog persuaded me to buy some more while in Kendal today.


We found a great shop while there, it was hidden up a side street. Alan Lloyd
A treasure trove of pens, inkwells and much more and a very knowledgeable man running it who was passionate about his subject. There are display cases in the passageway filled with antique pens, and all the accompanying paraphernalia. Mr Mog loves calligraphy and found much of interest. As did I to be honest. I love writing with a "proper" pen and have a couple of fountain pens that get much use.
If ever you are in Kendal then I recommend Williams Wools, where I got the Zauberball and Alan Lloyd if you are a fan of writing instruments.


8 comments:

bee*in*the*balm said...

beautiful shawls! i love those colors!

pip said...

Your shawls are beautiful!

Sea said...

I'll look them both up next time I go up there.

Antoinette said...

they're gorgeous! And the rose one has lots of my favourite colours in it too! The more I'm learning to knit, the more I appreciate beautiful work like this.

Roobeedoo said...

Most lovely shawls! :)

Wibbo said...

Isn't blocking amazing? I love the way it transforms a shawl I'm not that sure about into something wonderful. I've just blocked my first Pamuya - love the pattern!

aniexma said...

Love those shawls, especially the colour on that first one! I'm very partial to fountain pens too, this winter I treated myself to some Noodler's Invisible Ink - good fun...

artyfartykat said...

Shawls look beautiful Amber, I love the colours. x

Poetry for Brigid Imbolc

  The Lake Isle of Innisfree BY  WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay a...